Tuesday, September 18, 2007

WeightLossKalCalBlanketBreak

Hi everyone--



I guess I have a lot of things on my plate this week. I guess it's not all of huge importance, but I've separated it all for you.



Weight Loss Challenge:

At work, to raise money for the United Way, those of us that choose are making groups of 10 and joining the Weight Loss Challenge. Basically we're all trying to lose weight over the next six weeks and then the group with the highest percentage of weight lost will win a prize. And that prize...a catered lunch. That's not the prize I care about, though. Hopefully, healthy living will be its own reward. Bye bye Starbucks lattes and frozen custard. Bye bye cake and cookies and cokes. Bye bye salad dressing and butter and french fries. I'll miss you. But what i won't miss is the extra pounds. We did the weigh in this morning and I'm starting out at 223 pounds. My goal for this challenge is 10%, so 22 lbs. The stretch goal (my cousin's wedding next year) is 73lbs. So, here we go...but ice cream is soooo good.



Holiday Kal Cal

I've decided to join my first knit along, the holiday kalcal. I just signed up, but the sign in period doesn't start until 9/22, so hopefully, they'll take my entry. If not, I can just sign up later. I've got a few projects in mind for Christmas, and a project for a baby who will be born the week before Thanksgiving, so I'll have alot on my plate. But I can't wait.



Blanket

The first thing I've got to work on is the blanket I've been working off and on on since the Super Bowl. I've been working on it for Warm Up America. I've had the squares done since April, it's just putting them all together that I'm working 0n now. I'm thinking of sending it to Warm Up America instead of a local charity because I used a chunkier yarn and I think someone up north will get more out of the warmth than someone here. I really should have worked on this in April, because we were having freak snowstorms here and now it is so hot working on that thing it makes me not want to work on it. Once I finish, I will post a picture online.



Prison Break

Because what would a post from me be without a mention of Prison Break, especially when the new season started yesterday. I'm still working on Season 2, so I haven't watched it, but the download was free on iTunes, so as soon as I get those dvds, I can go straight into Season 3. I can't wait. Oh Netflix, bring me some more MICHAEL SCOFIELD. I'm going to Dallas hopefully later this week, maybe I can find my way to wherever there filming...yeah, right.

1 comment:

YarnThing said...

Hello dear! I just wanted to let you know how happy we are that you joined in on our Holiday Kal-Cal!

The start date for entries/projects (for prizes) is on Sept. 22 but we are open for anyone who wants to join in the fun!

Anyway, happy to have you with us!!!

Marly and Sharon!