Wednesday, August 29, 2007

My First Blanket



I thought for a while that I would keep track of all my knitting projects I made for other people, but I didn't take pictures of the second thing, or the third... But I do have pictures of the first baby blanket I made. This was for my friend Kaysha's baby.


I got the pattern out of Knit Simple, I want to say Spring 2006, but I'm not sure. The pattern in the magazine had pink instead of blue and a rabbit instead of bird. But since the baby was a boy and the last name was Byrd, I decided to change it to a bird.

It really was a first project. I was halfway through before I figured out (i.e. saw on Knitty Gritty) how to use two yarns in the same row and not have the gap. Also, I learned after I finished the intarsia pattern how to do it without the gap. So the back doesn't look very good. If I had to do it again, I think I'd also find a color that would contrast more than the light blue did, but it I think it turned out ok.

No comments: